Search This Blog

5/02/2018

That First Moment

My hunch is that I can pretty much tell how a relationship's gonna go if I take a look at how the first moment occurs, or how the first date ends. For instance...if he leaves for work in the morning, he's always going to be the one leaving for work. If he doesn't want to go, he'll hang on for dear life the whole time. If he's unsure about the kiss, he'll be unsure about everything for the rest of the relationship.

Think about it...from the very first moment you meet someone, be it in a soulful, loving, or friendly relationship, when you study the actions, you pretty much know how it's going to go.

Some girl smothers you in a hug. She's always going to be the smothering type.

Some guy hugs you weakly. He'll always be half in.

Some girl gets a phone call from someone else. There will always be someone else.

From that first date, or that first moment, if you think about it, the future is clear.

The key is this:  can you accept this person as he/she is today, right now? Can you accept the things you cannot change? Can you allow these truths to be what they are? And if you can, what will you do?

And then I turn it back on myself, and I think, I can pretty much tell how I feel about someone from that first moment. Am I wary? Do I hesitate or fall into it? Do I fall into it too much? Usually, from day one, I already know how it's going to go in the future. I just ignore my gut.

I can trust my gut.

Something to think about on your travels today.

Love,

C.A. MacConnell