Search This Blog

5/20/2018

Photo: Red-tailed Hawk + a Li'l Note.

Red-tailed Hawk
Lunken Airport

Hi there. When I feel anxious, insecure, or overwhelmed, I find that if I tell myself to stop, it just gets worse. Sometimes I allow myself some morning "worry time," and I'll journal about it, think about my worries, and just let myself go -- be neurotic, whatever. But when the worry time is up, it's up. If I start up worrying again throughout the day, I think to myself...Nope, not worry time...I'll think about this later.

Distraction then proves to be the better solution. Ask someone else how he/she is doing. Move, move, move. Listen to a podcast. Watch something engaging. Read, if you can.

Be a warrior. A warrior lives in the present. And a warrior is wise, like the hawk, seeing the bigger picture, not reacting until the time and place is right. Keen vision, so to speak.

Just sharing something I've been trying lately. Thought it may help someone.

I've been wanting a new back tat for a long time. Possibly a septum piercing. We shall see. Time to get to work!

Love to you,
💪💓 Pray.
C.A. MacConnell