Search This Blog

10/25/2017

Photo: Argo the Dog

Argo

In case you didn't know, I used to be quite afraid of dogs, and this German Shepherd, Argo, lives 2 miles away from me. So I started walking to see him sometimes, just to test myself. It took me an entire year before it was safe to approach his fence; he's quite fierce, and he could sense my fear as well. But after some work, we've become best friends. Lovers, you might say, in fact. When I come now, he can't wait to jump up on his fence and lick my face. Back in the day, he'd show his teeth and rage and bark and act like he was going to tear my arm off. Not anymore. Now we're soul mates.

It's been a beautiful journey. I love this dog. You never know what may happen in life, if you just stick something out and show someone a great deal of love.

C.A. MacConnell