Search This Blog

10/29/2017

My Totem, and Checking In.


Dear you:

My hawk returned. Usually, the female comes first, and then the male rolls in after about a few weeks. I see them each year, right outside my window. :) They both adore this tree. It must be a good lookout for their din din. Also a good place for them to hook up and have "dates," ahem. They're not shy, believe me. And not quiet. Ha. So I saw her yesterday right when I needed to. See, when I catch a glimpse of them, a feeling of peace always settles over me. Suddenly, my heart feels full, yet calm. In short, I feel loved. I see it as a sudden, tangible reminder from my higher power...something, out there, is definitely telling me that everything's gonna be OK.

She came right on time. So, thanks, Great Spirit, for reaching out. I love hawks; I believe they're my totem these days.

Working on some new fiction. 💪👍😁🙌 Right now, I have an outline/shell going, along with a few chapters. Definitely in the beginning stages, but I'm rolling with it. Today, I'm meeting with an old friend to do some research, because I'm at a point where I can't really go forward without it. Rad. He was kind enough to offer up his time for me. Real, in-person accounts are always the best way to go when researching, I believe. Well, of course, the best way is to actually experience a story myself...dig in and just become the research, so to speak.

For my second novel, THE HOUSE OF ANCHOR, I embarked on many years of research. I interviewed skaters, read numerous skate magazines, studied about weapons, boards, ramps, trucks, wheels, and on and on. I learned all the skate tricks, went to competitions, watched tons of street-based movies to create a mixture of dialogue, took notes, emailed skaters, stopped people on the street, read books, read transcripts, lived in Seattle and became immersed in the actual life, spent some time living on and off the streets, you name it. I wasn't shy with it, ever. Years of research. I took notes. I became these notes. I'd love for you to pick up a copy. There's a description of the book when you click on the link. If you've already read it, please tell a friend!

If you'd like to check out GRIFFIN FARM, my first novel, please go here for a description...and for purchase details! It's easy, I promise you.

Love,
C.A. MacConnell

P.S. Morning shots. I'm usually up around 4 or 5 a.m., but I'm not great in the mornings, as far as social abilities go. But it's all right, since most people aren't up at that godawful hour, so I'm only cranky with myself, which can get ugly, now that I think about it. I usually feel better around noon.


P.P.S. Check out my big noggin. 💗 And Happy Halloween!!! It's coming!!!👻 Don't forget, THE HOUSE OF ANCHOR IS NOW ON SALE!