Search This Blog

2/10/2017

Flashback Friday


Here's a picture of me in a recording studio in 1998. That wasn't my guitar actually. I was messing around on one that was sitting there. I had an Ibanez acoustic at the time, which I'd like to have now. So I was in a band, and we won a contest, and we won some recording time, which was fun. I sang, and I played guitar too.

Actually, I used to play out solo a lot -- in Seattle, in Virginia, and all over the Midwest. I like playing piano these days...I sneak into churches and such and make up songs. I like the sound there, and I like the feel of sanctuaries. I don't have a guitar right now, but I'd like to get one again. Yeah, just for fun. I like writing songs. I actually still have some of my CDs around here somewhere.

Later in life, I was a music writer, and that was fun too! Got to do a lot of interviews and meet some fantastic people. I had a few favorites too, I admit. My work was mostly for CityBeat Magazine. If you go to the site and search "C.A. MacConnell," all of my articles pop up. Rad. Hey, I won some writing awards for this stuff -- two years in a row, I won the Ohio Society of Professional Journalists Award for Rock and Roll Feature Writing. Rad.

One time, I was doing an interview, and I asked the guys who their opening band was, and they responded, "You are." I laughed, thinking they were kidding, but they were serious, so I ended up doing it. It was funny.

Just saying hello and sharing a snapshot of my life. I had fun with the guys in my band. I miss them all the time.

Whoever's reading, I hope your day is full of love and light!!!!
Back to work.😃💕💃💃

C.A. MacConnell