Search This Blog

10/10/2016

Follow the Inner Voice

At times, my heart and gut have told me things such as this:  Hey, don't do this; something is definitely weird here. Not dangerous, but weird nonetheless. Yes, this feeling even gets specific. A few years ago, repeatedly, on the inside, I heard, He's lying. Not sure about what, but he's lying. And my gut has told me this:  That's not his real name, so don't call him. Or yes, sometimes it's positive:  Don't wait another second. Do this! No question about it. Still other times, it's in between:  This will be all right, but it's not what you're looking for. In each case, this deep down feeling has always been right on target.

The heart-voice has never failed me, but even still, I don't always pay attention to this important, curious, little feeling inside. Most of the time, it hits me smack in the center of the chest. Other times, more toward the belly, the head, or even the throat. Why don't I pay attention? Perhaps I worry about what others will think. Or I don't listen to myself because of what someone says, such as, "Oh, no, I think it's all right. It's fine, really." Against my better judgment, I'll let another person's words sway me. As I get older, I pay more and more attention to this "inner voice," as I like to call it or "god consciousness" as others call it, but I'm not perfect at it yet.

The trees, the ducks, the koi fish -- they are perfect at it. How about the clouds, the sun, the moon, each and every star? The planets, the air? Ah, the water. In this universe, all of nature lives and feels and trusts completely. Think about it. Infinitely, they believe. With humans, doubt rolls in, but there is one time when we are perfect at it as well. When we love. When we love, truly love, we are perfect at the connection with our inner voice; that is, when the love is the kind where one being solely focuses on how to give.

Then, like that mother nursing a child, like that man helping his girlfriend with a broken right leg make her way up a ramp, like that boy holding his girlfriend's skateboard on his back, like those two hawks who will reappear in the fall in the same tree until the day they die, there is a stream of god consciousness, absolute trust, and the ultimate essence of the inner voice.

Today's truth:  The focus is on how to give.

A duck's life. It just makes sense. <3 u,
C.A. MacConnell