Search This Blog

7/04/2016

Photo: Roanoke Star

Roanoke Star

Howdy, happy fourth! Hope you're celebrating. I wrote for a while, and the new book is going great; I am so excited about it, but I've been exhausted and ravenous all day for some reason, so I slept and ate. My muscles are sore. Very exciting. I go through periods like this...up, down, you know. I guess everyone does...

I'm not big on holidays, to tell the truth.

During the day, when I'm writing, off and on, I hit Ellen's site or twitter and imagine that she's rooting me on. Or others...sometimes Ron Howard. Maybe that's not Hemingwayish, but I like to think someone's giving me a pep talk. I mean, when you write, it's just you...all day...you, ha. It can get goofy, so it's nice to imagine some friends hanging out. Weird, I know.

Hope your day is awesome. Love!

C.A. MacConnell