Search This Blog

7/29/2016

First Draft Done.

Hi there! So excited. Well, today I finished the first draft of Book 3, which is a young adult novel, although the main characters range between 16 and 21 over time, and there's some rich family interaction, so it's mature and definitely clever enough for adults as well. The characters are so full and real; I have loved digging deep with personalities and dialogue, and I've been hyper-focused on what the conversations would be like on film.

It's been interesting for me to write in a new genre; I've had to tone down my super adult ways and potty mouth, for sure, ha. Yes, I'm censoring myself. My art's probably having a good, tame influence on me for once. It's been a joy to write.

It now has a working title that I love, so I hope it stays. Tonight or tomorrow morning, I will print it out for the first time. I like to edit the second draft on actual paper. Just my superstitious way, I guess. I hope my ancient printer holds up! ;)

I'm stoked. That's all I'll say about it for now. Can't give away all my secrets! Just a teaser for you. I'll be done with this book in August, for sure.

Wish me luck on the next steps toward publication.

Thinking about Curious George for some reason. Remember the man in the yellow hat?
C.A. MacConnell