Search This Blog

7/16/2019

Photo: Hoping, and a Note to You.


Hoping

I'm working on the edits on the first proof of BOOK THREE ... the front cover looks outstanding. I love it. Back cover needs work. Interior is almost there.

Life has been getting in the way, and I haven't been feeling well, but I'm trooping along anyhow. 💪💪. Trying to be strong as well as pay attention to my gut. 

I sure hope that someday I can focus all of my time on my art, rather than have outside jobs. It's hard to manage day in, day out. I've been hoping that for God knows how long. Years. Let's put that wish out to the universe one...more...time. It'd be such a relief.

Gave a talk last night...told my ridiculous story to a huge group. Felt good. Really flowed. I was "on," so to speak. I know when I'm "on," and when I'm not. Coffee helps. Public speaking is my element for sure. I love it. I love doing the book signings as well. Here's what they saw:  a super calm girl, flowing with words, cracking some jokes some, and getting down and dirty and deep some. Here's what they didn't know:  I was having a bad reaction to an antibiotic, and my stomach was a mess, and I had strep last week, a virus this week, as well as work, brain, and money problems. But when I'm in front of people, I forget about all of that and just do this:  give. Rad.

Next time you see a hyped-up, smiley singer on stage, remember that. You never know what issues or problems might be lurking behind the slick exterior. Hell, that goes for everyone. We've all got struggles, if we are indeed part of that band of wild things we call this:  human.

Fuck, good luck to you all out there. 

I'll have the third book out soon, soon, soon. :) I promise. Pass it on,

C.A. MacConnell