Search This Blog

2/06/2019

Spiritual Awakening.

When I ran my car into a pole a few weeks ago, and I wrecked the left side, I could look at the situation like this:  Dayum, what a pain in the ass. Now my car looks like hell. Or I could look at it like this:  Guess the universe is trying to tell me to pay more attention so that something really rough doesn't happen.

When I had a bad tooth that caused me horrible pain (and still is somewhat), I could look at it like this:  Life is so tough sometimes. I'm getting old. I should give up. Or I could look at it like this:  Look at all of the love in my life! Look at all of the people who are supporting me right now!

When my parents divorced, and we sold our house, and I sold my horse, I could look at it like this:  I'm losing everything. I have nothing to hold on to anymore. Or I could look at it like this:  My parents are starting new journeys. I never liked that home anyway. My horse needs to comfort another lost little girl (and he did...he was in good hands until he died).

Yesterday, a friend talked about how he "hadn't had a spiritual awakening." Well then, I haven't either, if I considered the awakening to involve some burning bush or wonderful mountaintop epiphany. To me, the spiritual awakening involves a change of perspective. I can see the world through my "lower" eyes; that is, I can react as a base human with no thought of the bigger picture. Or, I can see the world through my "higher power;" that is, I see the larger perspective, the love and support present, and I feel and observe the presence of a guiding hand.

Star Wars nailed it with "The Force."

I have no concrete proof, but I believe there is something powerful within you and me. I believe there is innate trust and joy within us all, if we choose to shovel it out. I'm no guru, and I'm no self-help genius, but like my friend Delbert used to say, I consider myself a "spiritual gangster."

And I believe some people and animals are more in tune to this higher self than others. And I've noticed that some days for me are more connected than others. One day, I might be a negative devil full of fear, as if I'd be happy if Thomas the Train wrecked. Another day, I could be worshiping hawks, in tune with nature and all that is.

I try, I fail, I try, I succeed, I try again. Sometimes it's messy. Sometimes it's like icing.

What if we all reacted from our higher selves all of the time? What if we all saw the situations in our lives as positive guidance instead of setbacks?

Of course, for all of us, some dealings in life truly suck, yeah, and sometimes I just have to cry my eyes out or speed walk like a pissed demon, but I do know that when I act and react from my higher self, I feel more trusting, loving, energized, and less afraid. I feel like someone or something is pulling for you, for me.

Perhaps the spiritual awakening is already within us all. And as for something "out there," well, I have no proof, but my heart tells me it's true as well. Why not believe in something beautiful inside and out? Why not believe we are surrounded by the whispers of higher direction, as long as we hear the teachers?

Being here...this life...it has to mean something. So while I'm here, why not try and take the higher road? Sure, I get buried in the negative some days, but I'm chiseling away at this thought pattern day by day.

And wouldn't you know...some weeks, I'm even winning.

C.A. MacConnell💞💪✨