Search This Blog

5/19/2017

Photo: Skater, Devou Park

Skater, Devou Park

Currently, I'm planning a book signing for THE HOUSE OF ANCHOR. Details coming soon. I'm looking forward to it, and I'll have some special surprises this time. An opportunity to share creativity and give back as well. Stay tuned.

This book is set in Seattle in the nineties, and it's an epic literary mystery. Skateboarders, misfits, dangerous ones, hilarious lost boys and girls, you name it. I was, and still am, a lover of the whole grunge era...to the point that I followed Pearl Jam across the country, and I saw so many shows. It was wild. I was a mosh pit lover. I was a crowd surfer. Bruises came with the territory. Bloody noses, you know. In a way, this book pays homage to that whole scene...a part of it, anyway. I lived in Seattle in the nineties, and I was there in the middle of the mess. I took notes. I became these notes.

I still love the music, for sure.


My heart hurt when I heard the recent news of Chris Cornell's passing. Much love to his family and friends. And my heart hurts whenever I hear of such things, and it happens a lot. Just this month, we lost one friend who took his own life. I'd say that at least once a month, someone I know loses the battle of addiction and/or severe depression and other mental illnesses. Much love to anyone out there suffering from addiction and illness, as we all have our struggles, no matter the source. <3

Peace out,
C.A. MacConnell