Search This Blog

1/30/2021

Photo: Winter Walk.

 

Went to the movies last night. <3 I saw The Little Things, and I thought it was a fantastic work of art. I was engaged from start to finish. OK, except for the usual "sprint-to-piss" break. Anyway, the film was smart, tricky, chilling, deep, and I loved the way the characters were fleshed out so fully; little subplots really gave them dimension. Right on...thank you for sharing your art with me. I truly appreciated the subtleties in this film, for sure. Was refreshing to see some more folks at the movies, although I was so bummed they didn't have pretzels, and it felt like the management didn't have the heat on. I was bundled the whole time, gloves and all.

Today, man, I was going about 75 on the highway, when a red-tailed hawk swooped down right in front of my windshield. I gasped. He was so incredibly close, and it felt like the whole thing happened in slo-mo. Then, as I drove on, I thought, out of all the cars...he picked mine. I felt my heart fill up. Always nice to catch a glimpse of my higher power.

C.A. MacConnell