Search This Blog

1/11/2016

Photo: Mustang, Outer Banks

Mustang, Outer Banks

Believe it or not, even though there was a fence here, it actually stretched for miles width-wise, and it was to keep people out, rather than to keep the horses in. This was indeed a wild mustang, although he was a kind fellow. I climbed the fence even though there was a government warning posted. This was my favorite vacation ever. Also the last vacation I've been on. It was 2000. That's right, I haven't been on a real vacation in 16 years, but I feel like I take daily vacations in my head, ha. For instance, right now, I'm on Gilligan's Island. For real, I've been to that island...we went on a cruise when I was about fourteen, and we visited the island where they filmed some of the opening scenes and such of the show...it was still uninhabited, and I loved it, but I was worried about my white bathing suit looking goofy because it had no straps and a stupid-looking ruffle, and my chest wasn't really holding it up.

That Farmer poem I wrote this morning cracked me up. I was thinking about how funny it would be if someone was expecting a true love poem, and they received some crazed last line. The weirdest things crack me up. Like literally, I was sitting in my car in tears laughing about it later. Maybe you were too. That fucked-up poet would make the greatest SNL character. I have a gazillion of these ideas, no lie. Steal away. I'm just a sitting duck.

I love this picture,
C.A. MacConnell