Search This Blog

4/09/2016

Photo: Meet Me Here

Meet Me Here

A few years back, I took this photo at a skate competition in Kentucky. Not sure what tour it was, can't quite remember, but it was so much fun to watch. I've had an obsession with skateboarding since the nineties. I've only actually done it a few times, but I became enamored with the magazines, language, lifestyle, and the whole culture. Obsessed, really. This obsession leaked into my book #2, THE HOUSE OF ANCHOR, although that's only one part of it, as it's an epic adventure. Just felt like posting this shot today to give me some energy. I'm gonna do a last run-through on The Anchor, then get it published.

I've been reading like mad. Right now, I'm reading Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi, and it's magnificent. So raw and brave, indeed. I've also been enjoying some young adult books by Gayle Forman and John Green, who are both great storytellers. And I've read a slew of other memoirs, The New York Times, some comedy, some political pieces, some opinion pieces, science articles, you name it. Enjoying some great writing, doing some studying, and learning about myself in the process.

I saw a li'l miracle yesterday, and moments like that are what keep me trooping along. On my way home last night, I saw a sign that read this:  "God has the most amazing plan for you." Man, it touched me. I needed to see it right at that moment.

Right on,
C.A. MacConnell