Search This Blog

7/07/2016

Photo: TBT

TBT

Somewhere on the Appalachian Trail. I was with my friend Big Mark, and I have no idea where he is now; I sure wish I did know. He was one of my best friends in Virginia, very much like a brother to me. He saved my life a few times. Indeed, he was a big, strong man, and he always wore overalls, and he called me "Tiny." I was tiny at the time, so we looked hilarious together. He carried me up the mountain that day.

I've been working on my book #3, and I filled in the ending today...the middle parts need some juice, but it's all coming together beautifully. These characters have become so real to me that I actually cried at my own writing today. I suppose that's a good thing. 'Course I'm bothered by other things as well -- stigma related stuff, not sure what I'm gonna do about it. See, in this picture in 1999, I was incredibly ill, and there was stigma and judgment all around, but I was and am a trooper, and looking at this image reminds me of my strength and how damn far I've come, despite society's constant way of belittling and misrepresenting brain disorders. It is incredibly painful.

Today's Truth:  See how far you've come. Ignore the bullies. Show the world what a talent, a dreamer, a hard worker, a smart cookie, and a fighter you are.

C.A. MacConnell