Search This Blog

10/13/2017

Clock-in

Hi there. πŸ‘€πŸ‘„πŸ’—πŸ’ͺBeen cooking up some ideas for some new fiction. I have some ideas, starts, musings for some short stories, books, and the like. Probably a new book. Book 4. I think of good ideas reading random things -- the news, old stories, and even old excerpts I've written. Sometimes I get ideas from poems. Right now, just gathering info. Will focus soon. That's how it works...I take walks, read up, feel like a mess, and then suddenly, I focus, and it comes together. Ha. Like magic.

Well, it comes together with a lot of painstaking hard work + magic.

Still working on getting book 3 out there. It's a process, aye. But I won't give up! Wish me luck. Time to rest. I've been a bit under the weather. Just wanted to give an update and wish you well. Hope you like today's poem.
🐯
-- C.A. MacConnell

Clock-in

So clean the buckets
or don't
scrub a-thing.
Maybe ride the finest
gelding;
that boy's 100-K
at least.
Fix what's black
and make it
white-smooth,
or watch someone else
get the leg up;
he'll become
the cowboy you never were
and never will be.
Teach this and that kid
how to win.
Always.
Or head down the drive
and lose every single one
all-the-way.
The cat lives or dies.
Look, Mac the dog smiles
almost-forever.
And then the barking.
Above all, keep-moving.
And just when true-
love comes
to break the back of work,
perhaps he never even knew
who you were,
but like God, now he hears
your name,
and he's with you
wherever-you-go, even
when you clock-out.
So walk in silence
or hammer-something.

C.A. MacConnell