Search This Blog

5/01/2016

If I Had...Then I'd Be Happy

Lost Glove 17

If I Had...Then I'd Be Happy

Wearing a lovely blue/green mud mask, I'm sitting here asking myself this question; that is, if I had (insert something here), then I'd be happy. What would I put in there? The first things that come to mind are not of divine nature, I admit. I think of the following:  to have a horse, and to find my other half (the other glove). Then I think of love, respect, service, my books, a cure. I think of God, sure. I think of the ocean, going swimming. My cat. How I'd like a dog. My own house. Then I laugh and think, due to my daily cleaning ritual, If I had a maid, I would save hours of time in the day.

Then I chuckle and think about goldfish. I used to have a goldfish named Mary. She lived with me at school for a while, and then she traveled back and forth home with me on breaks. That ridiculous fish never died. Finally I put her in the fish tank at the Science department. She's probably still in there, all these years later. She's probably the size of Jaws.

Then I think about meditation. I have to bring it back to something a little more lofty, ha.

Anyway, then I think about today, how I walked some hills, met with two friends, and dreamt about a man. Today was good. Minus the morning, I was happy. Then there was a little downtime about a half hour ago, but overall, when I think about it, I'm aaright. What am I looking for? I'm aaright. This is me. This is now. I'm alive, safe, trying the best I can. Yes. Then I get lonely. Whatever, I'm a human who wants to hold a hand. I'm a human who wants. Back to sun, gratitude. These things do work, but I have to keep practicing.

I don't claim to be a guru, but isn't the goal to be able to be happy right here, right now, under any circumstances? Remember the old cliche? True happiness rests within. I know this is true, and I suppose we all do deep down, but sometimes I have to be a real trooper getting there. And a ride helps. And a swim would help, I'm sure. And you know, I think my other half is around somewhere, wondering the same things. And hell, I'd settle for a stuffed horse. That would be a-okay. Hey, it seems like I am on the right path, and I may take some detours, but deep down, my heart feels right.

I can see the god in a goldfish,
C.A. MacConnell