Search This Blog

7/07/2016

Photo: Take Me, and a Note to You

Take Me

A Note to You

Hm...a repost. But I like this pic. My favorite shots tend to veer toward the simple things. I think there's a lot one can take from subtlety. I have the same feeling about songs too. Aye. Hope you like this pic as well.

I've been reading Clint Malarchuk's memoir, A Matter of Inches. It's fantastic, so gripping, and so full of heart. Packed with feeling and achingly honest. If I met him, I would like to thank him for sharing his story with me. I feel honored. I'm tearing right through this sucker, like 50 pages at a time.

Everyone has such a cruel, joyful, unusual, complex, hilarious, unique, sorrowful, lovely tale. Everyone. Everyone deals with prejudice, abuse, and the like, from time to time. Everyone has great triumphs and crushing defeats. I realize this. We are who we are because of these happenings, and I'd venture to say that we can choose to become more who we are through these happenings. Whatever ends up on my plate, I just always want to maintain my integrity and send out love and light. That is my true aim. I strive to do the right thing. I feel deeply, the highs and lows, but I also feel a deep love here on this planet.

Hope you are well out there. I'm drinking coffee, even though it's ninety degrees. I'm looking forward to this evening. I've been into chokers lately, for some reason. Hey, some lady who owns a vintage shop came up to me and said, "You've got style, you do." Shocked, I said back, "Oh my god, no one has ever said that to me before, never, ever in my life. Thank you so much." Ha. It made my day. I'm vintage without trying to be vintage. I didn't tell her that my clothes were actually the same clothes I wore in the nineties.

C.A. MacConnell